The ultimate Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. Seriously, you won’t have any regrets whipping this gem up for dinner. I love to use red lentil pasta but any pasta you like will work too. The best part about this pasta, aside from being delicious of course, is that it’s dairy and gluten-free (depending on your choice of pasta) with no added sugars. Yum and nourishing. Isn’t that the best combo?
This recipe serves two with hopefully a little bit leftover for lunch tomorrow.
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 and a half Red Bell Peppers
- 2 TBS Tahini
- 1 TBS Olive oil plus a little extra to coat the red peppers and for sauteing the veggies
- ½ TBS Mustard
- 1tsp Tomato Paste
- 1 TBS Tamari
- 2 TBS Fresh Parsley
- ½ Cup Coconut Milk
- Juice of half a Lemon
- ½ Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Half Punnet Mushrooms sliced
- 2 Florets Broccoli finely chopped
- 1 Small Zucchnini grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Red Lentil Pasta
- Wash Red Peppers and pierce the flesh of the whole red pepper a few times.
- Coat both the whole red pepper and the half pepper in some olive oil.
- Place into a preheated oven until slightly charred about 25 to 30 minuites.
- Once the peppers are roasted set them out to cool, peel the skin off the red peppers.
- Add to your blender the Tahini, Mustard, Tamari, Tomato Paste, Parsley, Coconut Milk, Paprika, cooled Red pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend it all together.
- Pour some olive oil to a sauce pan and sauté the grated zucchini and broccoli for 4 minutes. Add the Red Pepper sauce from the blender. Add the sliced mushrooms and bay leaves. Leave to simmer for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put your pasta on to cook.
- Add the cooked sauce to the pasta for a meat-free option or add a protein of choice.
Enjoy this creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta!
- Bacons bits
- Grilled Fish
- Thinly sliced and lightly seasoned pan fried chicken breasts
Read our blog Why we should avoid sunflower oil to see why we recommend cooking with Olive Oil.